Inner Journey Mission (IJM) is a cultural and community service organisation founded on the Christian faith. Through the use of problem gambling counselling services, family and marriage counselling services, as well as seminars and training, we aim to challenge people to reflect on and construct a positive outlook on their lives.
- To provide and support programs of community services to all age groups.
- To benefit the health of families through programs such as problem gambling counselling, family and marriage counselling service, cultural and educational programs
- To cater for the particular needs of individual, families, groups and communities, by means of a service which views people as a whole, i.e. with physical, emotional, social, mental and spiritual dimension.
- To promote an active social concern among Christians by increasing their awareness of various social needs and by acting as a catalyst that brings about concrete social services and action in Sydney.
- We believe in the Holy Scripture both Old and New Testaments, is the inspired Word of God, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the Divine and final authority for Christian faith and life.
- We believe in the one, true and living God, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Godhead eternally exists in three persons—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit—and that these three are one God, having precisely the same nature, attributes, and perfections, and worthy of precisely the same homage, confidence, and obedience (Matt. 28:18–19; Mark 12:29; John 1:14; Acts 5:3–4; 2 Cor. 13:14; Heb. 1:1–3; Rev. 1:4–6.)
- We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but in Adam all men have fallen into sin, and as sinners men are in need of God salvation.
- We believe that penitent sinners are regenerated solely by God’s grace and justified through faith in Jesus Christ alone.
- We believe that there shall be a bodily resurrection of the just to eternal life, and of the unjust to eternal punishment.
- We believe that the church is one body, consisting of those regenerated by the Spirit of God and of which Christ is the Head, expressing itself in worship, fellowship, evangelism and service.